Epipactis species and hybrids generally make excellent garden plants for UK growers.
- Our Epipactis grow in most garden soils but require a site that is moist all year round without being a stagnant bog. Choose a shady or semi-shady position.
- It is not necessary to lift the plants before Winter, nor to provide frost protection.
- In time these plants will form large, attractive clumps.
- Epipactis also make interesting container specimens for large pots.
- They should be re-potted/divided in the Autumn.
- The soil should be kept moist throughout the growing season, i.e. from when the shoot appears until the leaves turn brown.